What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
Do we use third-party analytics?
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Categories of Personal Information We Share
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Portside Vacation Rentals and its affiliates share the categories of personal information listed below.
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, and phone number (if phone number is provided by the user).
- Categories of personal information such as search and listing preferences the user may have submitted, and portfolio information the user may have created when creating an account on the website.
- Internet and other similar network activity limited to what is available in customer’s Browser configuration and the website’s site navigation/pages visited.
- Inferences drawn from the above information to create consumer profiles reflecting certain preferences and behaviors.
We will retain your data for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Service to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; or (iii) whether retention is legally advisable (for example, in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
If you are a covered individual under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) you have legal rights in relation to the data that we hold about you. These rights include:
- Obtaining information regarding the processing of your data and access to the data that we hold about you. Please note that there may be circumstances where we are entitled to refuse requests for access to copies of data;
- Requesting that we correct your data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Requesting that we erase your data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your data, but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- Objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- Withdrawing your consent, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without your consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
We may request that you prove your identity by providing us with a copy of a valid means of identification to comply with our security obligations and to prevent unauthorized disclosure of data. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee for any manifestly unfounded or excessive requests concerning your access to your data and for any additional copies of the data you request from us.
Individuals covered by the GDPR should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request further information.
Transferring your Data Outside the EEA (if GDPR Applies)
The data that we collect from you is transferred to, and will be stored in, the United States that is not subject to equivalent data Protection Law. For our purposes, the information we collect is processed and stored in the US.
We may transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”):
- In order to store it.
- In order to enable us to provide the Service.
- Where we are legally required to do so.
- In order to facilitate the operation of our group of businesses, where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
You may contact us at email@example.com any time if you would like further information.
Your Consumer Rights Under U.S. State-Specific Privacy Laws
Consumers covered by U.S. state-specific privacy laws have the right to request information regarding their personal information and certain additional details regarding our information practices. California consumers have the right to request deletion of their personal information (subject to certain exceptions). Covered consumers also have the right to opt out of sales of personal information, if applicable. We describe how covered consumers can exercise their rights under the relevant state privacy laws below. Please note that you may designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf by providing a notarized power of attorney evidencing that you have empowered the authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the applicable state laws.
Sharing of information: Covered U.S. consumers are entitled to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information we share with third parties for direct marketing purposes or to opt out of such sharing. If you are a covered U.S. consumer and would like a copy of this information, or to opt out, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Know: You may request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of personal information we have collected, the sources of collection, the purpose for collecting information, the categories of information we share, and the categories of third parties with whom we share information. You may make a request for such information by emailing email@example.com. We will contact you after receiving your request to verify your identity.
Deletion: You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you (subject to certain exceptions). Please note that we may retain certain information as required or permitted by applicable law. You may make this request by firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you after receiving your request to verify your identity. If you request to delete your personal information, some of our products and services may no longer be available to you.
“Do Not Sell:” Pursuant to certain U.S. state laws, covered consumers have the right to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information (as defined in the relevant laws. Covered consumers who wish to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information can email us at email@example.com. We will contact you after receiving your request to verify your identity.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Under Age Privacy and Policy
We do not rent any of our properties to anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.